About Me

Hello, my name is Kia Taylor and I am currently a senior at Governors State University. My area of study is Early Childhood Education with an additional focus on teaching English as a second language. I am passionate about educating young children and my goal is to become an effective and inspiring early childhood teacher.

I grew up and went to school in the south suburbs of Chicago, I am excited to give back to my community and really make a difference in the lives of others. I stay active in my community by volunteering as a leader in the Student Education Association. This organization plans community events that are fun and helps create opportunities for the community. One of my favorite moments volunteering is when I volunteered to make bagged lunches for at-risk youth.

My other interests include soccer, volleyball, and drama.  Some of my strengths include teaching first experiences with literacy, creating engaging curriculum and collaborating with my peers. My other strengths include leading, organizing and fostering positive relationships.

One thought on “About Me”